2014 Summer Reading - Eleventh Grade
To diversify reading, heighten interest in different subject areas and prepare students for the demands of college, all students at the Academy of the Holy Angels are required to complete a summer reading program. Unless otherwise indicated, students will be tested on the assigned works during the first full week of school.
- Students in English 1303 (High Honors) will read all three works.
- Students in English 1302 (Honors) will read the first two works.
- Students in English 1301 (College Prep) will read the first work only.
- Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
AP Chemistry students must read:
Molecules at an Exhibition: Portraits of Intriguing Materials in Everyday Life by John Emsley
AP Biology students must read:
Your Inner Fish by Neil Shubin
Social Studies Department
All US History II students must read:
Long Shadow of Little Rock by Daisy Bates
All students must read:
Siddhartha by Herman Hesse