2014 Summer Reading - Tenth Grade
To diversify reading, heighten interest in different subject areas and prepare students for the demands of college, all students at the Academy of the Holy Angels are required to complete a summer reading program. Unless otherwise indicated, students will be tested on the assigned works during the first full week of school.
- Students in English 1203 (High Honors) will read all three works.
- Students in English 1202 (Honors) will read the first two works.
- Students in English 1201 (College Prep) will read the first work only.
- Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
- Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
Social Studies Department
All US History I students must read:
Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass: An American Slave by Frederick Douglass
Students enrolled in US History I 2203 (High Honors) must also read:
Revolutionary Mothers: Women in the Struggle for America’s Independence by Carol Berkin
All Chemistry students must read:
100 Scientific Discoveries - Fascinating, Momentous and Mind-Expanding Stories by the Editors of TIME