Athletic Hall of Fame
The Academy of the Holy Angels Athletic Hall of Fame recognizes individuals who have enhanced the Holy Angel’s program either as an athlete, coach or contributor. Nominees must exemplify the highest standards of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and moral character. In short, nominees must be a positive role model, worthy of being emulated by current and future students.
The Hall of Fame selection committee is comprised of alumnae and administrators. The general function of the committee is to discuss and vote on potential Hall of Fame inductees. No member of the committee will be eligible for induction while serving on the committee. The committee established three categories in which nominees may be considered. The criteria for the categories are as follows:
- Any person who has earned at least one varsity letter while attending Holy Angels
- A team may be considered if they have an outstanding accomplishment
- Must have graduated five or more years ago
- Although athletic achievement while attending Holy Angels is of prime importance, outstanding accomplishments after leaving AHA will also be taken into consideration when making the selection.
- A coach who has been an example of good character and citizenship
- Must have coached for at least five years at Holy Angels
- Team record while coaching at Holy Angels
- Contributions to their respective sport and the Holy Angels’ Athletic Program
- Any person(s) who have made an outstanding contribution to the Holy Angels Athletic Program