Dear Class of 2023 Families,
Welcome to the 2023 Graduation pages. In order to provide our families with important information regarding the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement exercises, we have provided these pages for your review. Our administrative team is available to answer any questions you may have.
Please note: No tickets are required for admission to the Basilica for the Baccalaureate Mass or Graduation.
Melinda A. Hanlon
SAVE THE DATE!
June 2, 2023
Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart
89 Ridge Street
Newark, NJ 07104
No tickets required.
- The Baccalaureate Mass will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. Graduation will immediately follow mass.
- Seniors must arrive no later than 9:00 a.m.
- Seniors must be dressed in cap and gown upon arrival.
- No tickets are required for entry.
- Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart is wheelchair accessible.
Senior Awards Ceremony
- The event will take place on Thursday, June 1st and will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m.
- Seniors are to be accompanied by their parents
- Each family will receive four tickets. Graduates do not need a ticket. Please remember to bring your tickets with you.
- Tickets will be distributed to students at graduation practice.
Parking is available in the lot at the north end of the Cathedral and in the lot adjacent to the Archdiocesan Center building on Clifton Ave. handicapped access to the Cathedral is available via a ramped entrance on Ridge Street. Parking is also available on surrounding streets.
From the Garden State Parkway:
Take Exit 145 (Newark-The Oranges) to I-280 EAST to Exit 13 (Newark-First Street).
LEFT at bottom of ramp onto FIRST STREET. Continue through the first traffic light.
At second light turn RIGHT onto PARK AVENUE.
At second light turn RIGHT onto CLIFTON AVE.
Cathedral will be on the right.
From the NJ Turnpike:
Exit 15-W to I-280 West to Exit 14A (Clifton Avenue). Up ramp, RIGHT at light onto Clifton Ave. Cathedral is ahead on the left.
Via New Jersey Transit:
The following NJ Transit buses serve the area of the Cathedral:
The following trains connect to Newark Penn Station:
Northeast Corridor Line
North Jersey Coast Line
Raritan Valley Line
From NYC by bus:
Go to the NY Port Authority Bus Terminal at 625 8th Avenue, NYC. Take bus #108 from gate 213. Take bus to Clifton and 7th Avenues (the Colonnade) and walk two blocks north on Clifton Avenue.
From NYC by train:
PATH or NJ Transit train to Newark Penn Station. Take Newark subway to Park Avenue. At top of stairs go left (east) on Park Avenue. Cathedral is two blocks ahead on the corner of Park and Clifton Avenues.